Information related to the Cookies Policy
At ottowestcoast.com, the primary goal is to protect the privacy of visitors to the website and, for this reason, the organisation adheres to a strict policy.
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small files with information that a website saves on a user’s computer (usually in the web navigation software such as Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, Firefox, Edge, etc.) so that every time the user connects to the website, it recovers the information in question and provides the user with services related to it. A typical example of such information includes the user’s preferences on a website as these are expressed through the selections that the user makes on the specific site (e.g. selection of specific buttons, searches, advertisements etc.)
General information regarding the classification of Cookies
Two general categories of cookies exist:
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for the proper functioning of a website and navigation therein by the user. Without these, it is possible for the user not to be in a position to display the pages correctly or to use certain services.
- Cookies for the creation of a profile: these are used to create user profiles for sending advertising messages according to the preferences that the user exhibits during navigation.
Cookies, either “technical” ones or those for the “creation of a profile” can be also by classified as:
- “session” cookies which are immediately deleted when the navigation software is shut down
- “permanent” cookies that remain in the navigation software for a specified period of time. These cookies are used, for example, to recognise the device connecting to a website, facilitating the user identification procedure
- “proprietary” cookies which are created and are directly monitored by the operator of the website where the user is navigating
Our Website uses “technical” cookies, and more specifically the following types of cookies:
- proprietary cookies, session cookies and permanent cookies, which are necessary for navigation of the Website, for purposes of internal security and system management
- third party cookies, permanent cookies that are used by the Website to send statistical information to Google Analytics, whereby the Company can conduct a statistical analysis of access/visits to the Website. The cookies used exclusively serve statistical purposes and collect information in aggregated form. By using two cookies, permanent cookies and session cookies (which expire upon shutting down of the navigation software) Google Analytics also saves a log with the times that visits to the Website commence, as well as logging out. You can block Google from collecting data through cookies and the subsequent processing of data by downloading and installing the add-on to the navigation software from the following address: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For third party cookies, users provide or refuse to provide their consent directly to the owner of the cookie in question, to which the Company simply refers: most third party cookies that exist on the website can be deactivated by the user through their navigation software or by directly visiting their operators’ websites by using the links referred to in the table below. In any case, we stress that the deactivation of cookies may affect your ability to use the site and/or to fully take advantage of the available functions and services.
More specific classification of Cookies with regard to their function:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
How to control cookies
If you use a different browser, please refer to the provider’s information.