Otto West Coast Car Rental Fleet
Choose the car that best suits your needs!
- Passengers: 4
- Doors: 5
- Gearbox: Manual
- Fuel: Gasoline
Terms and conditions
DRIVER’S AGE: The lessee-driver of the vehicle is required to have reached the minimum age required of 23 years for all car categories.
DRIVING LICENSE: The driver of the vehicle is obliged to hold a legal and valid driving licence, legally approved and valid in Greece and issued at least 1 year before the date of conclusion of the present lease agreement.
DELIVERY ACCEPTANCE: The lessee received the Car, examined it and found it to be in excellent condition, suitable for the use and purpose for which it was leased. The lessor is obliged to return to the Lessor the Car and all the forms, tools and accessories accompanying it, in the condition received and at the place and time specified herein. If this is not the case, and after the expiry of the agreed return period, the Lessee shall be liable
- To pay the Lessor the corresponding time of use compensation,
- For compensation for any positive and consequential loss which is causally linked to vehicle deprivation (loss of earnings, etc.)
- To repair any damage caused to the vehicle or the company by the untimely delivery of the vehicle.
The Lessor reserves the right to regain possession and use of the Car at any time without notice and without the Lessee’s consent, but at the latter’s expense, by any means whatsoever, in any event that in its discretion there is a risk of damage or loss of the car, as well as the risk of non-collection of use compensation and any other compensation. In addition to the above case, the Lessor has the right to regain possession and use of the Car if and when it was used in breach of the terms hereof or the predetermined lease term.
THEFT (TPC), DAMAGE (CDW). CIVIL LIABILITY: The lessee shall be obliged to indemnify the Lessor as well as any third party in the event of theft, loss or damage of the Car or third parties (including its passengers) as well as to pay damages for any positive or consequential loss suffered by the Lessor regardless of fault.
A1.The Lessee shall be liable for any damage caused to the vehicle or to any third party for all his faults.
A2.The Lessee is obliged to indemnify the Lessor for any damages which it may be obliged to pay to third parties from damage caused by the Lessee while driving the vehicle and if the Lessee fails to do so the Lessor has the right to seek such compensation with legal interest in court, as well as any further damages (moral damage etc.).
B. The lessee shall be liable for the total or partial theft or Loss of the Car with the sole exception from this obligation if the Lessor releases the Lessee from the liability for the total theft or loss of the Car by special agreement. This waiver applies if the Lessee has already accepted at the beginning of the lease the daily charge and the theft coverage terms (TPC) for the car as these terms are interpreted in the Lessor’s official pricelist by ticking the relevant box on the front page hereof and if the Lessee has taken all precautions to prevent the total or partial theft or loss of the Car and has used it in accordance with the terms hereof. It is expressly agreed that the theft or loss of parts, accessories and/or equipment (partial theft) of the Car is not covered by the above acceptance of theft coverage.
It is expressly agreed that: The above acceptance of “Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)” or “Full Damage Waiver (FDW)” does not in any way cover damage caused:
- At the underside of the car
- On the car’s tyres and wheels
- During loading, unloading or transporting the car on ships or trains or other means of transport without the prior written consent of the Lessor
D. The lessee is obliged, as the driver of the vehicle, not to hand over its use to third parties that have not contracted with the company, and in the contrary case, he is solely held responsible for remedying any damage caused to the vehicle or to third parties by the user’s fault.
E. The Lessee is obliged to drive the vehicle in accordance with the rules laid down by the Road Traffic Code and with complete safety for himself, the vehicle and other road users. If any damage to the vehicle or to third parties is caused by the lessee’s imprudent and unsafe driving and if it is exclusively his fault or even if his fault is contributing factor thereto, he is obliged to indemnify the Lessor for any payments the latter may make to restore the damage or compensate any thirty parties and in case he does to meet such obligation, the Lessor shall be entitled to judicially seek compensation with legal interest, including for any additional loss (moral damage etc.).
CHARGES: The Lessee shall pay the Lessor at the end of the Lease unless otherwise specifically agreed, the following amounts:
- Daily fixed rent for the whole duration of the vehicle lease
- The amounts corresponding to the kilometres travelled with the Car during the lease unless otherwise agreed on the basis of the unit price per km, as provided in the Lessor’s official pricelist. The number of kilometres travelled is calculated according to the indications of the km meter. (counter) at the beginning and at the end of the lease,
- All charges for refuelling the Car if it is not returned with the same amount of fuel as when it was received by the Lessee, the “Theft Cover”, the “Damage Waiver”, “Full Damage Waiver” and any other charges provided for by the terms hereof or by the official pricelist. The lessee consents and agrees that if at the end of the lease the car is not delivered to the Lessor with the same amount of fuel as it had on receipt by the Lessor, then he will be charged a fuel service charge as specified in the official Lessor pricelist,
- Any taxes, fees and other expenses relating to the rental of the Car,
- The Lessor’s expenses, including attorneys’ fees and default interest, due to late payment of any amounts due for this lease or the Lessor’s repossession and use of the Car,
- Any fines, fees, court costs, and other expenses incurred or likely to be incurred by the Lessor due to breaches of the Lessee’s use of the Car. In the latter case, the Lessee or the additional driver mentioned on the front page hereof will continue to be liable for any unlawful acts,
- Any amount required to replace or repair damaged tyres or wheels or any amount of money to repair damage to the underside of the car, to repair any other damage as well as compensation for the loss of the Car, unless the relevant waivers have been agreed and the conditions thereof have been complied with,
- The additional charge for the pick-up or delivery of the car as well as the charge for returning it to a point other than the one specified herein without the written consent of the Lessor, as such charge is stated in the Lessor’s official pricelist,
- The extra charge for “Airport Service” if the Lessee rented the Car from the Lessor’s branch located at an airport.
The Lessee agrees and accepts that:
- Discounts that may be provided do not apply if the payment of the issued invoice is not performed within the due date
- All charges are subject to final control by the Lessor and the Lessee hereby accepts them.
- To exit Greece and be loaded on a train or ship or any other means of transportation without the written consent of the Lessor,
- To be used for the transport of persons or goods for a fee;
- To be used to tow cars, scooters and in general Vehicles, boats or other objects,
- Participate or follow speed races,
- To be sub-leased to third parties,
- To be used for purposes contrary to Greek law in general and in breach of applicable law,
- To be used as a means of committing criminal acts (smuggling, trafficking of illegal immigrants, drug trafficking, etc.),
- Used by the Lessee or additional driver under the influence of alcohol, hallucinogens, drugs, barbiturates or any other substance that affects the driver’s ability and senses,
- To be used in violation of customs or other regulations,
- To be used by any third party or additional driver, that is to say, with the exception of the case where the Lessee has accepted the daily charge for additional drivers as specified by the Lessor’s official pricelist.
- To be used for the carriage of heavy luggage, flammable materials, polluting or smelly objects and any prohibited material likely to pose a danger to the vehicle, driver or third parties.
EXTENSION OF THE LEASE: If the Lessee wishes to extend the lease of the Car, he must notify the Lessor in writing at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the expiration of the lease in order to obtain the relevant written approval. Failure to comply with this obligation is subject to civil and criminal liability for unlawful use and possession of the Car. In the event of an extension of the Lease, the Lessee is bound by the terms and conditions of both the original agreement and the extension agreement, whether it is for the same Car or a replacement car.
LIABILITY: The Lessee expressly agrees that the Lessor is not liable for any positive or consequential damage suffered by the Lessee or a third party (human or animal) during the lease and no claim may be brought against the Lessor for the above.
ROAD ACCIDENTS: In the event of an accident or other incident (fire, theft, etc.), the Lessee or the additional driver shall be obligated immediately to:
- Inform the Lessor by all appropriate means, without undue delay, and acknowledge his fault, guilt and any liability for any third party claims, in any way, directly or indirectly, before informing the Lessor in any manner (orally or in writing).
- Obtain by all appropriate means, without undue delay, all the details of the other drivers, owners and vehicles involved (names, addresses) as well as the details of eyewitnesses,
- To notify by appropriate means, without undue delay, the competent (traffic) police authority and accident insurance services of the insurance companies of all the vehicles involved, and to do everything possible and appropriate to identify the cause of the accident and to care for any existing injuries (EKAB, fire department etc.),
- Transfer by all appropriate means, without undue delay, all collected data which have a material impact on the accident to the Lessor.
- Collect any relevant information from any third party,
- Take by all appropriate means, without undue delay, photographs of the scene of the accident and of the vehicles involved and the damage resulting from the collision as well as any other relevant elements (any injuries etc.)
- To the extent possible, within twenty-four (24) hours, complete and sign a solemn declaration of the accident/theft report at the Lessor’s nearest branch and send any accident-related documents or information to the Lessor,
- In the event of theft or loss of the car, he shall be obliged to report the incident to the nearest police station in writing immediately or at the latest within twenty-four (24) hours and to obtain a copy of the Incident Sheet.
PERSONAL DETAILS: The Lessee consents to the detailed registration of his personal information on a computer. It is expressly agreed that the Lessor has the right to use such information when the Lessee during the lease makes untruthful statements or breaches the terms of this agreement and to transmit such information to the authorities of the country in the event of any suspicion of criminal or other offence.
- The car is always owned by the lessor. This is a mere lease agreement. The Lessee is in no way a representative of the Lessor. The Lessee acknowledges that he does not acquire any rights other than those set forth in this Agreement
- During the lease all additional drivers are jointly and severally liable with the Lessee
- Similarly, if a representative signs the present lease, he shall be jointly and severally liable with the principal.
- This Agreement takes precedence over any other written or oral agreement between the Lessor and the Lessee.
- The Lessor may not waive its rights under the law and this Agreement.
- Any amendment to the terms hereof shall be valid only when agreed in writing.
- The Lessee agrees and accepts that all of the above terms apply both in the case of the original agreement with the Lessor and in the event of an extension of the Lease term or even replacement of the originally leased car with another.
- In the event of a dispute between the copies and the original hereof, the original in the possession of Lessor shall prevail
- The Parties acknowledge and accept all terms hereof as being essential and substantive to the purpose hereof.